Mission: FirstIgnite facilitates partnerships between academia and industry to solve the world’s biggest challenges.
Responsibility Statement: The Director of University Partnerships is responsible for growing FirstIgnite’s university product line. FirstIgnite supports universities in marketing their research assets to companies for potential partnerships. We currently serve many of the top universities in the world and are looking for a business development leader to come in and help us grow.
- New Business Development – Develop strategies to attract new university partners by leveraging email, LinkedIn, conferences, and the FirstIgnite university product to consistently drive new business opportunities.
- Customer Relationship Management – Build strong relationships with senior executives at our university clients to build long-term, fruitful relationships.
- Product Management – Provide consistent feedback to the product development team to guide the development of software that automates the work required for our clients.
- Team – Build and manage a team to support business development.
- Company Leadership — Participate in the weekly, quarterly, and annual planning of the company’s objectives.
- 5+ years in a sales role with a clear ability to build fruitful longterm relationships.
- Previous experience working in or with academia is a preference.